This seminar is designed for all those who have the potential and capabilities of developing into supervisors, team leaders and new managers. Whatever their job title, if they are in charge of others then they will be helped greatly by this seminar.
In this seminar you will:
- Be effectively and professionally equipped for the major transition from the workforce to a team / leadership role.
- Understand and practice key supervisory / management skills.
- Learn how to motivate and harness your staff potential and abilities.
- Develop objective setting, performance supervision and team building principles.
- Enhance your personal empowerment for successful corporate leadership.
According to the Harvard Business Review, "85% of the reason a person gets, keeps and performs well in a job, depends on their ATTITUDE and only 15% on their APTITUDE". (Aptitude is your University degree, diploma, training, knowledge etc.) It has been found that most Companies spend almost all their training budget on technical and skill development. However, today's "cutting edge" companies and organizations are now selecting and incorporating Peak Performance Training and Staff Personal Development, to increase the performance and productivity of their Staff.
The well known Cox Report of American Business unequivocally stated that, "As many as 94% of the top executives of the Fortune 500 Companies, attributed their success, more to ATTITUDE, than any other ingredient!" Professional excellence is primarily determined by harnessing and maximizing mind, attitude and motivation power.
This seminar will bring about dynamic, positive, mindset changes and will give each participant, life style attitudes that will motivate their life to an exciting new level!
This comprehensive programme consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day courses.
Module 2 - Communication, Coordination & Leadership
Upon completion of this power packed, inspirational seminar, each participant will have learnt how to:
- Understand the specific role of Supervisory management.
- Lead, motivate and delegate.
- Understand the power of their incredible creative mind.
- Discern the crucial connection between the conscious and subconscious mind.
- Reprogramme their mind for daily success and self-image improvement.
- Identify negative and restrictive mind sets.
- Understand the importance of teleological thinking.
- Understand the impact of positive attitudinal living.
- Identify destructive attitudes and how to replace them.
- Utilise the 3 major steps of motivation.
- Understand why motivation has to be created from within.
- Motivate and inspire others to achieve top level performance and productivity.
- Use motivational strategies on a daily basis.
- Develop pro-active motivation as a way of life.
First level Supervisors, and those with leadership and managerial potential and capabilities.
This Course will be presented in a highly inter-active manner, with a very impactive computer presentation style. Individual and group activities, will intersperse the sessions. Video and role plays situations will highlight the major teaching features.
Each person will learn how to:
- Define what real supervision is, and be able to explain to others what it is, and what it means.
- Understand and practice basic supervisory skills.
- Define the difference between the supervisory and the operational roles.
- Explain what motivates you and describe ways to motivate others effectively.
- Manage performance for results.
- Use different techniques to communicate effectively with your team.
- Use an appropriate strategy for delegating to others.
- Motivate and support others in the achievement of targets.
- Empower self and the Staff who work with you.
- Develop a high performance team.
The Company will benefit by:
- Leadership with an understanding of their defined role.
- Greatly improved attitude strategies for your Company staff.
- Increased management skills.
- Increased staff motivation.
- Specific organization goal setting skills and strategies.
The Course Content
Module 1: Value-Based Leadership through Positive Dynamics
Harnessing the power of your mind
- Understand your amazing brain
- Examine the importance of the mind
- Operate the sowing and reaping principle - cause and effect
- Understand your conscious and subconscious mind
- Plan to reprogram your subconscious mind
- Learn how to deal with destructive fear
Selective and creative thinking
- Discover the principle of replacement
- Find out why enthusiasm is so important
- How to develop a positive mindset channel
- Understand communication between your mind and your body
- Analyse the significance of teleological thinking
- Develop positive self-image creative thinking
Discover the significance of attitudinal living
- Discover what attitudinal understanding really means
- Find the greatest discovery of the 20th Century
- Discover the power of personal and corporate resilience
- Observe how your attitude will position you
- Advantages of a positive mental attitude
- How to overcome a negative mental attitude with a PMA
- Discover the 'golden rule' of interaction
- What is the 'extra-mile' principle?
- Observe the 85% - 15% success principle
- Discover the psychology of a winning smile
- Develop and attitude of personal determination and persistence
- Recognise how your attitude affects your fellow staff and customers
Mind set motivation
- Understand the ‘as a man thinks' principle
- Why is motivation so important? What does it mean?
- Lean to practice goal setting motivation.
- Discover what momentum motivation will do for you
- Analyse the major types of motivation
- Discover how to be pro-active in every area of your life
Module 2: Communication, Coordination & Leadership
Who do you think you are?
- Self-awareness: understanding your strengths and challenges
- Psychometrics: the art of personal profiling
- Leadership style: how do you work with your team?
- Assessing your abilities as a coordinator
- Discovering your preferred team role
- Your own communication style
Enriching your Communication Skills
- Subjective vs. objective experience in communication
- Influence and the importance of advanced language patterns in communication
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Motivation and behavioural drivers
- The emotional loop
The Skills of the Coordinator
- Time bandits: understanding the value of your time
- Prioritisation or procrastination
- Working together to achieve your goals: the secrets of great team working
- Essentials of project management
- Chairmanship: how to run effective and productive meetings
- Coordination activities in the age of IT
The Modern Leader
- Exploring emotional intelligence: the 10 intelligences
- IQ versus EQ in staff recruitment and retention
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
- Theory X and Theory Y – push and pull leadership
- Leadership: The importance of personal and corporate values within the workplace
- Organisational culture and the impact in the workforce
Communicating, Coordinating and Leading
- What do people say about your team - and what do you want them to say?
- Key challenges for your team and how to meet them
- Case study: communicating, coordinating and leading in practice
- Personal action planning
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.