Why Choose this Training Course?
Technological advances in communications have brought with it many advantages and changes to our world. One of which is the growth of remote working and with it the concept of virtual teams. But what is a virtual team? Does it really differ from a ‘traditional’ team? Does it require a different approach? All of these questions and more will be covered and answered on this innovative training course which will help you create, define and improve your knowledge, skills and application with creating and managing teams remotely.
This AZTech training course has been developed to explore the new ways of creating a virtual team of people. On the training course you will learn about the characteristics of virtual teams, human factors and considerations, virtual team dynamics, the need for team balance, as well as planning and organising your team for improved results. This is essential development for those working with or planning to create virtual teams in their organisation.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- What is the ‘Virtual Team’, the aspects and factors that define the reality
- The key human factors and behaviours involved with creating the virtual team
- The key dynamics of team building, team working and adapting these to the virtual environment
- How to organize and plan the work and tasks of those you manage remotely to ensure optimum performance
- Methods of keeping the team synergy and maintaining team spirit in a virtual environment
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms and key aspects for creating a virtual team
- Develop strategies to overcome negative human factors and behaviours associated with remote working
- Build cohesive teams in a virtual environment
- Manage performance and output remotely
- Apply team synergy techniques to ensure team cohesion in the remote environment
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit those leading or managing virtual, remote or dispersed teams:
- Senior Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly interactive exercises, case studies and targeted videos relevant to the topic area. This will be reinforced through active facilitation, group dialogue and feedback throughout. In addition a simple Team & Personality Profile Assessment will be used to highlight the team style of the individual, with 1-2-1 feedback and action review during the training course by the facilitator.
The Course Content
Day One: The Virtual Team
- Virtual Team Leadership: defining the parameters
- Four types of teams in the workplace
- Defining a virtual team
- Characteristics of a virtual team
- Team Dynamics applied to virtual teams
- Leading and managing the virtual team: factors for consideration
Day Two: Human Factors & Behavioural Considerations
- Health and safety considerations of remote working
- Psychology of remote and dispersed working: is it for everyone?
- Emotional intelligence in virtual teamwork
- Understanding personalities in the team (team personality profile assessment)
- Motivation and individual factors for virtual teams
- Managing conflict in a virtual team
Day Three: Team Dynamics in Remote Working
- Achieving team balance
- Team stages and development
- Building teamwork remotely
- Importance of communication channels
- Active communication in virtual team environment
- Applying Group Think to build trust and empowerment
Day Four: Organising your Virtual Team: tasks and performance
- Utilising media technology to manage your team
- Delegation of work in remote teams
- Managing performance remotely
- Setting workplace objectives: control and action
- Team Objective Grid: achieving transparency and cohesion
- Controlling virtual meetings
Day Five: Developing Team Synergy
- Communicating the team vision
- Developing the team to the next stage
- Celebrating success
- Virtual team exercise
- Next steps
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course