Online Training Course Overview
Sometimes commercial agreements come unstuck – vendors fail to deliver, supplier performance is sub-standard, business partner relationships break down or contractors make unreasonable or unexpected claims. What should a contract owner do to resolve such disputes, without going to court? What tools are in the kitbag to settle the problem satisfactorily?
This highly participative one-day online training event will help participants who manage contracts for the provision of goods, services or construction works to consider how best to prepare themselves for contracts going wrong and what to do when disputes arise.
This AZTech online training course is suitable to a wide range of technical professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Engineers
- Contracts Administration Professionals
- Contract Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Procurement Department members
- Anyone responsible for negotiating, drafting and preparing contracts
The Course Content
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Understanding the contract tools at your disposal
- Negotiation principles - a first option when disputes are near
- Protecting the organisation with bonds and guarantees
- Dispute boards and other typical methods used in construction contracts
- Using mediation as an alternative dispute resolution method
- Getting an independent expert to help the parties
- When and how is arbitration the answer?
- What about litigation?
The Course Schedule
First Session : 11:00 – 12:30
1st Break : 12:30 – 12:45
Second Session : 12:45 – 14:15
2nd Break : 14:15 – 14:30
Third Session : 14:30 – 16:00
- An AZTech e-Certificate for delegates who attend and complete the online training course