Why Choose this Training Course?
The training course covers all salient topics related to variable speed drives, uninterruptible power supplies and electrical protection relays. It will include the construction operation and maintenance of those equipment. Variable speed drives are gaining fast popularity and visibility in most electrical installation. Its energy saving characteristics couple with superior variable speed applications has been the choice of most electrical facilities.
The uninterruptible power supply is another essential equipment modern day electrical installation where a resilient power system is a high demand. The correct choice of uninterruptible power supply selection is important to ensure continuous power flow during outages.
Precision and reliable protection relays are incorporated in all electrical installation systems to ensure safety to personnel and prevent unwarranted damage to the electrical equipment. Conventional electrical protection relays has now migrated to the electronics numerical relay which has wide array of protection schemes. Upon energization of these relays the circuit breaker will operate efficiently.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- Understanding the principle of operation of the variable speed drives
- Common problems in the variable speed drives
- Types of uninterruptible power supply systems
- Functions of the major components in the uninterruptible power supply system
- Functions and applications of numerical relays
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the operations of the variable speed drives
- Determine the functionalities of the variable speed drive components
- Explain the different types of uninterruptible power supply system
- Analyses the various operational modes of the uninterruptible power supply systems
- Identify the various numerical relays functionalities
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech Training course will benefit all levels of professional in an electrical installation. It will enable them to understand characteristics, operation and maintenance of variable speed drives, uninterruptible power supply systems and numerical electrical protection relays
This training course is suitable to a wide range of technical professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical supervisors
- Plant electricians
- Operations & maintenance engineers, supervisors & technicians
- Maintenance technicians
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on variable speed drives.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
The Course Content
Day One: The construction and operation of variable speed drives
- How the variable speed drives saves power and its benefits
- Components and operations of a variable speed drive
- Factors affecting speed in an AC motor
- Power electronics components in a variable speed drive
- Soft starter and its merits
- Medium voltage variable speed drives
Day Two: Maintenance and shaft ground current in a variable speed drive
- Voltage-source, current-source and pulse width modulated (PWM) inverters
- VFD parameter settings
- Shaft ground current
- Variable speed drives bearing failures and remedies
- Diagnostic instruments and analysers for variable speed drives
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of variable speed drives
Day Three: Importance and type of uninterruptible power supply system
- Importance of a resilient power system
- On-line and off-line uninterruptible power supply systems
- Power quality issues
- Double conversion and delta conversion uninterruptible power supply systems
- Type of batteries
- Battery monitoring system
Day Four: Functionalities of the uninterruptible power supply components
- The rectifier operations and components
- The functions of the static switches
- Types of inverters and its optimisation
- Transformer and transformerless uninterruptible power supply systems
- Uninterruptible power supply operation modes and battery chargers
- Static and maintenance bypasses
Day Five: Numerical relay protection for electrical equipment
- Evolution of electrical protection relays and sensors
- Operations and functionalities of protection relays
- Introduction to numerical protection relays and alarms
- Numerical protection relay installation for motor protection
- Numerical protection relay installation for transformer protection
- Q&A and wrap up session
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course