This course will provide high caliber staff, team leaders and professionals with the knowledge and skills to contribute to strategy formulation and implementation. Delegates will acquire strategic awareness and learn how this impacts operational activities. Learn to use planning tools and techniques and when to apply them. Become more self-aware of the leadership styles and preferences and reflect on the impact on implementation of strategies and plans. The ability to communicate and delegate will affect staff engagement and consequently the success of your plans.
This is an action-packed workshop that will enable you to develop hands-on skills to take back to your workplace.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognize the value and importance of thinking strategically
- Relate strategic goals to the development of effective plans
- Review and appraise your role in operational and strategic implementation
- Formulate objectives for your team and staff which align with organisational aims
- Recognize how your leadership style impacts peer and subordinate relationships
- Aspiring high potential candidates
- All Team/ discipline leaders wishing to develop strategic skills
- Professionals about to implement and support change management issues
The course is delivered in a challenging, lively and engaging style by a highly qualified and experienced business leader able to make strategy relevant and provide engaging leadership development. A range of methods are used to keep participants interested through use of video, relevant case studies, group work and personal feedback. This course will both challenge and support you to the next level of strategic leadership.
Typical results at work include:
- Identify a more strategic approach to planning and more input to the planning process
- Demonstrate greater confidence in managing people & teams, raising productivity & staff engagement
- Recognise improved goal setting, more aligned to organisational objectives
- Recognise improved motivation and better team working
- Show greater ability to initiate and manage change
The results of attending this seminar will be as follows:
- Show an understanding of the strategy process and how you can contribute
- Demonstrate the ability and confidence in planning and objective setting to support strategies
- Employ different leadership styles to improve strategy implementation & overcome resistance
- Use of a range of communication media to enhance staff engagement
- Show a better understanding of how motivation is key to strategy implementation
The Course Content
Is Strategic Thinking Relevant to all managers?
- Is strategy an art or a science?
- How to think strategically
- The roles of managers and stakeholders in strategy development
- Does strategy equate to innovation?
- How operational and middle managers contribute
Turning Strategies into Plans
- Vision, Mission and Objective setting
- Aligning people and objectives
- Tools & Techniques for planning
- Planning for the unexpected
- Roles, responsibilities and accountability
The Leadership Role in implementing Strategies
- If strategies and plans requires change, how do people respond?
- Your leadership style(s)
- The role of leaders in questioning and listening
- How to implement strategies and plans:
- Managing performance
Effects of Power on Strategic success
- Organisational rituals and routines
- What is Power and how is it displayed?
- Challenge & Support
- Personal strategies for managing networks and relationships
- Dealing with stress
Why a Strategic Outlook supports Career Progression
- Evolving strategy in 21st Century Organisations
- More traditional strategy development: Kotter’s Eight Stage model
- Key management skills needed for career progression
- Personal Leadership Development Plans
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.