Professional Recognition and Accreditation
- This is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Endorsed Programme*
Why Choose this Course?
Strategies, Risks, Negotiation and Leadership are the essential skills for those who are dedicated to maximizing their performance and value-added contribution (and that of the people who work for them). As the business environment becomes ever more uncertain and turbulent, the requirement for professional leadership and management throughout organizations is at a premium. Hence, these four elements of the course provide a structured and coherent framework for addressing the challenges for which professionals face in respect of both their day-to-day and longer-term responsibilities.
This course will feature:
- Identifying effective and proven strategies
- Appraising and Managing Risks
- Practical Win-Win Negotiating Strategies
- Improve Strategic Management Skills
- Getting the most out of the people who work for you
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an appreciation & understanding of each of the elements of the course.
- Understand how the elements interact to create a systemic approach to mastering the essential tasks of any leader in business today.
- Develop the skills and applications needed to master each individual element
- Utilize the four elements in achieving individual, team and high organizational results
- Identify priorities for continued professional development
Who is this Course for?
This course will benefit professionals who desire to learn practical high level leadership and management techniques to maximize their effectiveness and contribution at work. The course will give them the understanding and skills to approach strategic and everyday challenges and problems with the awareness, confidence and self-assurance needed to take action and achieve positive results.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Current and potential strategic leaders at all levels
- Those responsible for developing and leading strategy
- Business unit Managers and/or Managers of all Levels
- Functional Team Leaders in the public or private sector
- Supervisors/Line Leaders
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes mixture of speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, with an emphasis on delegate involvement at all times. The learning tools include video case studies, team problem solving and analysis tools to uncover core strengths and innovating ideas.
The Course Content
- Introduction to strategy - background, historical developments, major theories
- Strategic Management – a practical approach for every leader
- A consistent methodology for strategy development
- The relationships between vision, mission and strategy
- The steps involved in developing a strategy
- The meaning and nature of risk
- Identifying the risks in a given strategy
- Prioritizing risks
- Contingency planning
- Risk mitigation strategies
- The everyday role and attitude of ‘Win-Win’ negotiating
- Power - gaining a superior position
- Strategy and Tactics in negotiating
- Understanding your opponents negotiating style and tactics
- Negotiating Countermeasures
- The strategic role and nature of effective leadership
- Charisma and how to earn it and use it effectively
- The role of the modern leader and how leadership has changed
- Innovative Leadership skills
- Maximizing the performance of each team member
- Motivating the 'average' employee
Strategic Leadership Workshop
- Intrapersonal style and skills
- Interpersonal and leadership communication skills
- Leadership and The Challenge of Change
- Strategic leadership for team development
- Developing a personal action plan for further self-development
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the course.
- ILM Endorsed Certificate for delegates who successfully attend and pass the required assessment.
AZTech is an ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Recognised Provider and offers a number of Endorsed Management and Leadership programmes. Aside from AZTech’s Certificate of Completion, delegates will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed programme.