Electrical Engineering Instructor
AZTech training is seeking highly qualified free-lance instructors for openings in Electrical Engineering studies. These are primarily teaching positions that will also serve the needs of the existing Electrical Engineering training portfolio, including curriculum development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver classroom programs related to electrical system operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Deliver Electrical Engineering courses in public, open enrollment programs and at client sites.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for course development or client customized training.
- Develop and conduct programs to train employees or customers of industrial or commercial establishment in installation, programming, safety, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment, such as robots, programmable controllers, and robot controllers, following manuals, specifications, blueprints, and schematics, and using hand tools, measuring instruments, and testing equipment
- Write training program, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, and design practical exercises, applying knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and programming, and following machine, equipment, and tooling manuals.
- Lecture class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of electrical machinery and equipment, following outline, handouts, and texts, and using visual aids, such as graphs, charts, videotape, and slides.
- Demonstrate procedures being taught, such as programming and repair, applying knowledge of electrical wire color coding, programming, electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, using hand tools, measuring instruments, and testing equipment, and following course outline.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- D. in Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of course(s) to be taught.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience.
- Ten or more years of engineer experience in industry to higher education.
- Knowledge of DC, AC, and digital circuits building, trouble shooting, and analysis.
- Proficient with engineering test and diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of sensors and applications.