“Risk Management is about People and Processes – not Models and Technology.” Trevor Levine
Why Choose this Training Course?
Risk is all about uncertainty, therefore in order for any organization to succeed in today’s fast paced, globally interlinked business environment the ability of the pro-active Risk Manager to identify, assess and reduce that uncertainty is essential. Core knowledge and skills of the future ready Risk Manager will encapsulate leadership & decision-making, planning, operations, logistics (interconnected supply chains), stakeholder communications, finance, administration, infrastructure, reputation and crucially, external geo-political issues.
Gain confidence and control by attending these five intensive days that will challenge you to think creatively about all aspects of risk; it will compel you to overturn existing frameworks and will ultimately make you and your organisation more competitive and sustainable.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The necessary expertise and knowledge to support the Risk Manager in implementing a complete Risk Management process as specified in the latest thinking and use of ISO 31000 (updated 2018), 31004, 31010, 22301 & 27005/27031
- How to influence and oversee a vibrant RM and Business Continuity culture
- Evaluate RM frameworks and practices
- Examine changes in RM practices as a result of global paradigm shifts
- The mechanism of good corporate governance & its critical relationship to RM
What are the Goals?
By the end of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Determine and master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the effective implementation of RM
- Develop the necessary leadership skills enabling you to communicate your RM findings to all levels and all stakeholders
- Determine your organisation’s appetite and tolerance for risk
- How RM relates to crisis management, business continuity and other key business areas
- Apply invaluable and highly relevant RM knowledge to put into practice and benefit you and your organisation immediately on returning
Who is this Training Course for?
Extensive prior knowledge of the subject is not a prerequisite. You will be guided by an experienced risk professional who has both sat on and advised boards on corporate governance and helped companies to enhance their Risk Management and associated systems.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Practitioners & RM implementers requiring a refresher on recent developments
- Auditors who seek to fully understand the ISO 31000 implementation process
- Line & Project Managers need to ensure that they are effectively managing risk
- Professionals who want a practical starting point for establishing an effective RM and Business Continuity Management framework
- Middle to Senior managers benefiting on how RM can be used as a leadership and decision-making tool
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a fast-paced, highly participative event incorporating case studies, current affairs with relevant videos and group work so you can immediately put what you’ve learned into practice. At the end of the training course, there is a short assessment after which you’ll receive a certificate of completion, full course notes, slides, hand-outs and a loaded memory drive.
The Course Content
Day One: ISO 31000 - Principles of Risk and Risk Management
- Objectives & Governance, concepts & definitions of risk & Risk Management
- Mapping and assessing Your current governance arrangements
- Commitment - Setting Your objectives for implementing ISO 31000:2018
- Who are the internal and external stakeholders
- The importance of culture, communication and behaviour in seeking an effective Risk Management structure
- An overview of the global business and risk environment
- Enterprise Risk Management – The Resilient Organisation
Day Two: ISO 31004 - Designing the Framework for Managing Risk
- Risk Management framework and process
- Risk Management responsibilities – who does what, who is on the team
- Risk Management accountabilities and performance measures
- Compare Your current Risk Management to ISO 31000:2018 principles
- Alignment between Risk Management policy and the organisation
- Risk attitude – pursue, retain or avoid with respect to risk appetite and tolerance
- A close look at options for risk criteria, assessment, identification, analysis and evaluation
Day Three: Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
- Fundamental principles of Business Continuity Management
- Implementation of a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301 & 27031
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessment
- To understand the relationship between BCMS and the compliance with the other RM requirements, including supply chain management
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
- Incident and emergency response management (including mutual aid)
Day Four: Implementing Effective Risk Management
- Resources and methodologies to implement The Risk Management Plan
- Ensuring Risk Management becomes part of significant decision-making
- What are the likely barriers to implementation (risk culture)
- Risk reporting and the limitations of various risk reporting tools & methodologies
- Assess the respective merits of both quantitative risk modelling and qualitative reporting
- Align your risk reporting processes with other strategically important management activities, such as reputation management. (learn from recent cases of failure)
Day Five: Monitoring, Review and Continuous Improvement of the Framework
- Key risk indicators (KRI´s)
- Continuous improvements, running your own team-based risk workshops
- Collate risk and control information from multiple sources into a central risk register or inventory of risk information system
- Controls register or inventory of controls. (The “Five Ws”)
- Understand feedback provided to you by those you communicate with and take on board “lessons learnt”
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course