Why Choose this Course?
Workplace conflict is inevitable when employees of various backgrounds and different work styles are brought together for a shared business purpose. Conflict can—and should—be managed and resolved. Conflict can occur in any organization when employees with different backgrounds and priorities work together. Conflict can be expressed in numerous ways such as insults, noncooperation, bullying and anger. Its causes can range from personality clashes and misunderstood communication to organizational mismanagement. The negative effects of workplace conflict can include work disruptions, decreased productivity, project failure, absenteeism, turnover and termination. Emotional stress can be both a cause and an effect of workplace conflict.
A survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development found that four in 10 UK employees reported having experienced some form of interpersonal conflict at work in the last year. Most of that conflict is between an employee and his or her line manager. The survey also found that employees are more likely to report that they have experienced conflict with a staff member who is more senior to them.
This definitive training course builds the business case to effectively manage workplace conflict while also establishing the key process to define a harmonious and inclusive positive workplace culture via global benchmarks and best practices.
This training course will feature:
- Understanding the need for Effective Conflict Management in the workplace
- Building a business case for Harmony and Inclusivity
- Diagnosing current sources of conflict
- Assessing current conflict resolution procedures for effectiveness
- Understanding the range of strategic options
- Defining the metrics for success and measuring effectiveness
- Implementing the conflict resolution initiative
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Manage conflict situations proactively
- Leverage potential conflict situations as opportunities for critical conversations that enhance work relationships
- Identify and explore practical, easy-to-implement strategies to support a more harmonious and balanced workplace
- Develop a positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Develop a sustainable Action plan to ensure continued success
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is applicable to any person actively involved or considering developing a structured and comprehensive approach to Managing Conflicts and implementing the Positive Workplace Culture via clear identification of business need, strategic process, culture analysis, behavioural change and sustainability. This Intermediate level course will greatly benefit those who are focused on developing the business case for this critical resolve for the sustained growth and success of the organization.
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers, Supervisors and Team leaders
- Members of Work and Project Teams
- Human Resource Directors
- Human Resource Employee Relations Professionals
- Business Owners
- Any other individual who strives to manage conflict in the workplace
How will this be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes interactive presentations and in-depth discussions, role plays, simulations and videos to stimulate thinking and enhance learning.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Conflict Spectrum
- Causes of conflict at work
- Stages of conflict escalation
- The Business Case for a Harmonious and inclusive workplace culture
- Assessing Organizational Gaps in meeting goals
- Costs and Challenges of Workplace Conflict
Day Two: Key Communication Strategies
- The basis for collaborative work relationships is superior communication
- Understanding others’ perceptions and expectations
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behavior
- Creating shared aims and vision via SMART goals
- Identifying personal communication preferences
- Managing difficult situations
- Maintaining a confident state of mind
- Structuring and controlling the conversation
Day Three: The Conflict Management Strategy
- Defining the Strategy
- The Key Steps
- Identify the cause of the conflict
- Identify the stakes for both parties
- Assess the current handling of the situation
- Create an environment for conflict resolution
- Developing the key conflict management strategy
- Be focused on the desired outcome
- Resolving Conflict in a Diverse Workforce
- Techniques for defusing arguments
- Giving effective constructive criticism and feedback
Day Four: Creating the Positive Workplace Culture
- Organizational Culture and Context
- The 4 steps to create a Positive Workplace
- Aspects of Organizational Frameworks – Policies, Individual and Managerial
- Individual Attitudes/Behaviors
- Managerial Skills and Practices
- Inclusive Mentoring and Coaching
- Key Policies and Procedures
Day Five: Sustainability
- What’s Next? Sustaining the Positive Workplace Culture
- A Checklist for Sustainability
- Measurements and Monitoring
- Action Planning for Results
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.