Why Choose this Training Course?
Without question, safety is a critical factor in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries, and this requires excellent leadership, as well as adopting the right safety behaviours. Safety Leadership applies to all levels, and all disciplines in the organisation, and is important in setting the standards and appropriate safety behaviour for all. This AZTech training course has been specifically designed to equip Management, Technical, Supervisory, and HSE professionals in the Oil and Gas sectors with the knowledge, skills and understanding to become effective Safety Leaders in this critical, high hazard industry.
On this training course you will learn about utilising powerful leadership and management techniques to control your work environment, how to pro-actively influence others; identify and control risks and hazards, as well as create a climate and culture for improved safety using key behavioural safety coaching and techniques. This training course is essential for those operating and working in high hazard and critical safety operations.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- How to utilise management and leadership criteria to improve your Safety Leadership
- The key interpersonal and behavioural safety techniques to influence and improve overall safety
- Strategies to prevent incidents and accidents, and the correct procedures for handling these
- Using advanced Safety Coaching techniques to increase individual safety performance
- Help create, adapt and improve the safety climate and culture of the organization
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize & understand the roles and responsibilities of Safety Leadership
- Employ leadership and team working techniques to effectively manage safety on site
- Apply behavioural safety techniques to improve communication and safety culture
- Identify and determine critical risk identification and hazard analysis to prevent accidents and incidents
- Provide a continuously improved safety culture across the organization
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit those who operate in a technical, managerial or supervisory capacity in the sector.
- Technical personnel
- Engineering/Project/Process personnel
- Team leaders
- Safety personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This highly interactive and engaging AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-play scenarios, targeted videos and a behavioural psychometric profiling tool. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise theories and concepts.
The Course Content
Day One: Becoming a Safety Leader in the Organisation
- Safety critical operations and risks in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Importance of a Positive Safety Culture in the Industry
- Safety Leadership v Safety Management
- From Technical/Supervisory leader to a Safety Leader
- Behavioural Safety: concepts and the impact on safety
- Understanding ‘‘at risk’’ behaviours (Violations and Errors)
Day Two: Advanced Behavioural Safety Influence
- Understanding your own and other behavioural styles
- ABC model of Behavioural Change
- Communication skills: questions and listening
- Influencing and negotiating: skills and techniques
- Situational awareness and human perception
- Advanced Interpersonal skills to challenge unsafe behaviours or acts
Day Three: Leading Safety Performance: Teamwork & Coaching
- Defining Safety Performance
- Setting Safety Performance criteria and objectives
- Teamwork: principles and factors
- Motivational factors to influence Safety Performance
- Safety Coaching in the Process environment
- Powerful feedback to gain safety commitment
Day Four: Risk Control and Accident Investigation
- Defining hazard and risk
- Critical safety hazards in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Risk Assessment: matrix formation
- Control: permits, safe systems of work
- Accident and incident investigation procedures
- Conducting an accident and incident review meeting
Day Five: Safety Leadership: Developing a Safety Culture
- Safety Leadership: embodying the organisation
- Defining the vision and delivery of safety
- Gaining support and buy-in from key stakeholders
- Creating a sustainable safety climate and culture
- Commitment to improving workplace safety
- Next steps
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course