Why Choose This Training Course?
No–one wants to pay for something if they don’t know the value and use of what they are paying for. Organisations are no different and this is particularly true of training and development programmes where senior management wants to know that capital spent on training is an investment and not a cost.
This Human Resource training course is designed to demonstrate how organizations can obtain greater value from their investment in training. The focus of this AZTech training course will be on the evaluation of training and in particular how to measure and maximize the training ROI in both financial and no-financial returns. The training course advocates the adoption of a holistic approach to the evaluation and measurement of the effectiveness of training and will provide delegates with sufficient learning to enable them to make a convincing business case for training and the allocation of resources for training.
This AZTech training course will feature:
- The competitive advantage of targeted training and development
- Ensuring that proposed learning interventions are relevant and the business case to support planned expenditure can be made
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of training in the workplace
- Identifying future training needs
- Demonstrating ROI has been achieved
What are the Goals?
By the end of this AZTech training course participants will be able to:
- Understand the issues related to measuring and maximizing training ROI
- Plan, organise and deliver relevant training interventions
- Demonstrate the business case for specific training interventions
- Understand and be able to implement techniques applicable to identifying training needs
- Describe best practice in relation to employee development
Who is this Training Course for?
This AZTech training course is suitable to a wide range of HR professionals, line managers, team leaders and at the same time will greatly benefit those who:
- Need to know about training evaluation and the calculation of training ROI
- Have a strategic overview of the business and who may also be responsible for initiating training programmes or authorizing expenditure for training
- Are responsible for Human Resource Development and the planning and delivery of training programmes at a strategic level
- Are responsible for the planning and implementation of training programs at an operational level
- Manage people and who are responsible for identifying and implementing training to meet individual training needs or specific organisational training requirements, i.e. to meet skill shortages
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This AZTech training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes group and individual activities, case studies and audio visual material. The instructor will facilitate learning by direct input and encourage delegates to test and critically appraise theories and concepts. Delegates will be encouraged to interact and engage with the course by exploring, discussing and debating the findings and conclusions of group activities How to apply the learning acquired in the workplace will be an important aspect of the training course.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction – The Key Advantage: A Proficient Workforce
- The Strategic Role of Training, Learning & Development
- The Business Case for Investment
- Understanding Approaches to Effective Employee Development
- Evaluating Training Programmes and PDPs
- Models for Effective Measuring of Training Return on Investment
- Ensuring cultural support to maximize impact and ROI
Day Two: Aligning Training to Business Objectives – Maximizing Training ROI
- The Organisational Context
- Business Strategy: The Need for Long-term Planning for Future Skills and Competencies
- Identifying Development Needs
- Aligning Interventions with Business Needs
- Planning and Delivering Effective Training & Development
- Maximising the non-financial ROI of Interventions
Day Three: Calculating Training ROI
- Why Organisations Don’t Measure the Cost Effectiveness of Training
- What Should Be Measured and How
- Identifying Appropriate Success Criteria
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Training
- Forecasting Costs and Benefits
- Calculating the ROI
Day Four: Facilitating the Training Process
- How Adults Learn - Identifying Effective Approaches
- The Responsibilities of Senior Managers, HR Professionals, Line Managers and Employees
- Establishing Strategic Learning Objectives
- Initiating Interventions at the Operating and Individual Level
- Planning and Preparing Training Budgets
- Choosing Between Internal or External Provision
Day Five: Making Evaluating Effective
- Models and Methodologies of Evaluation
- Incorporating the Results of Evaluation into Future Events
- Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- How Effective Evaluation Links to ROI
- Some Myths about Evaluation
- Course summary
- AZTech Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course
- The HRCI Approved Provider Seal and the corresponding Re-certification Credit Hours Awarded will be reflected in the Certificate of Completion
HR Certification Institute's® (www.HRCI.org) official seal confirms that AZTech Training & Consultancy meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.